If you’re looking for a caring, compassionate, thorough OB/GYN practice that treats you like family, this is the place for you. With over 60 years of combined clinical experience, our Board Certified Physicians, Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners are committed to providing excellence in personalized care while maintaining superior patient comfort. Our goal is to provide the highest quality care and for you to enjoy a positive and unforgettable experience. Your husband, significant other and/or family are welcome to accompany you to every prenatal visit. Although routine visits are recommended at specific intervals of time, same day, evening and Saturdays appointments are available should you desire an unscheduled appointment for a problem or concern.
Pregnancy is one of the most important times in a woman’s life. JORDAN & ASSOCIATES OB/GYN considers it a privilege to be part of your experience. Having the proper care and expertise are essential to a successful pregnancy and delivery of your baby. We offer complete obstetrical care from conception through delivery and the postpartum period. Our professional team works together to assist you on this phenomenal journey.
The best outcome for you and your baby fundamentally rests upon your commitment to an alliance with your Obstetrician during the prenatal period. The following are a few tidbits of information that may answer questions regarding your expectations, ease your mind and provide calmness to an excitable time in your life.
- At your initial visit, your medical history will be reviewed and unique plans for your pregnancy will be determined.
- In addition to caring for women with uncomplicated medical histories, we also provide care for women with high-risk pregnancies including pre-existing medical conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid disorders and multiple gestation.
- If necessary, your care may be co-managed or a consult may be scheduled with Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialists at Eastern Virginia Medical School. Read More
- During the pregnancy, you will meet all of the delivering doctors. After the initial rotation, you may choose the physician with whom you prefer to see.
- If you should experience complications such as a miscarriage, gestational diabetes, premature contractions, preterm labor and preterm birth, we will be with you and advise you every step of the way. For these situations, we provide extremely close follow-up and personalized care.
- During your pregnancy, you will have lab tests, ultrasound evaluation will be offered and Non-stress Testing is available if appropriate.
- The practice of JORDAN & ASSOCIATES OB/GYN has been recognized for its excellence in ultrasound and is accredited by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine which shows our commitment to meet and exceed national standards for the highest quality care.
- The contemporary Non-stress Test areas with their televisions and ergonomic recliners are available to evaluate your baby and detect contractions in the office for your convenience.
- We also have a technologically advanced laboratory on site which allows for quick results.
- Vaccinations are offered to you and your family members as recommended by the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists for the benefit of your unborn baby.
- Prenatal and Postpartum classes are taught by our Providers to enhance your knowledge and minimize anxiety during the birthing process and beyond. Each session includes a tour of Chesapeake Regional Medical Center, our affiliated hospital for delivery. Website Link
- During your pregnancy, you will be provided with a preregistration form for the hospital. We ask that you complete and submit this form by your 20th week to streamline your admission process when the time comes. For questions regarding Chesapeake regional Medical Center 757-312-6186.
- If you choose to breastfeed your newborn, assistance is available in the hospital and you may also make a consultation appointment with our office once discharged if you need further assistance.
- You will receive a list of safe medications during pregnancy if medically necessary in your “goody bag”. If you have additional questions, you may call our Nurse line.
- With concerns about food ingredients during pregnancy, please visit the FDA website for more information: Read More
- If you have severe pelvic pains, bleeding, rupture of your membranes, decreased fetal movements or believe you are in labor, go directly to Chesapeake Regional Medical Center’s Antepartum Unit for evaluation. After registration, the Nurse will evaluate you and call the physician on call. You are not alone! Communication is paramount and our Physicians strive to develop solid relationships with our patients for an uneventful prenatal course. It is important to choose a practice you trust for this memorable journey.
- Prenatal Development How Your Baby Grows During Pregnancy: Read More
- Preeclampsia and High Blood Pressure During Pregnancy: Read More
- A Healthy Pregnancy for Women with Diabetes: Read More
- Tobacco Alcohol Drugs and Pregnancy: Read More
- Good Health Before Pregnancy: Read More
- Early-Pregnancy-Loss-Miscarriage: Read More
- Reducing Risks of Birth Defects: Read More
- Skin Conditions During Pregnancy: Read More
- A Fathers Guide to Pregnancy: Read More
- Seizure Disorders in Pregnancy: Read More
- Group B Strep and Pregnancy: Read More
- Bleeding-During-Pregnancy: Read More
- Nutrition During Pregnancy: Read More
- Back Pain During Pregnancy: Read More
- Having a Baby After Age 35: Read More
- Exercise During Pregnancy: Read More
- Travel-During-Pregnancy: Read More
- Obesity and Pregnancy: Read More
- Repeated-Miscarriages: Read More
- Early Preterm Birth: Read More
- Cord Blood Banking: Read More
- Morning-Sickness: Read More